Inspired by a thread on The Sand Trap entitled “Iconic Tour Player”. I thought it might be fun to list a few of the highlights from this thread. A while ago I did a post on Golf’s Heroes but this is a fun spin on that.
- Miguel Ange Jimenez: golf shoes and cigars
- Tiger’s Sunday outfit: red shirt and black slacks
- Anthony Kim: belt buckles
- Greg Normans: ugly hats
- Gary Player: all black ensembles
- John Daly: outrageous pants
- Robert Garrigus: tiny putter
- Adam Scott: made belly putters cool
- Bubba Watson: unconventional swing
- Phil Mickelson: unusual equipment tinkering: carrying two drivers in his bag and carrying no drivers in his bag
- Rickie Fowler: monochromatic orange outfits
Any players you think should be added to the list and what makes them iconic ? (the term iconic being used very loosely here obviously Fowler is not really an iconic player-well maybe for his fashion taste I suppose).